Devon and Varsha discuss Trump’s rally in Minnesota, the systematic fear mongering in immigration policy, and what is going on with kids at the border. You can read the companion piece here.
- Trump Assails Critics and Mocks #MeToo. What About Putin? ‘He’s Fine’ by Emily Cochrane (NYTimes)
- Trump hires former Fox News executive Bill Shine as communications chief by Matthew Nussbaum (Politico)
- Trump looks to amplify message by bringing Fox News into the White House by Annie Karni and Eliana Johnson (Politicio)
- Trump admin creates new office to investigate citizenship fraud by Tal Kopan (CNN)
- AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits by Martha Mendoza and Garance Burke (AP)
- Trump administration seeks more time to reunite some migrant families split at border by Maria Sacchetti (WaPo)
- Trump Administration in Chaotic Scramble to Reunify Migrant Families by Caitlin Dickerson (NYTimes)
Hey, @realDonaldTrump: While you obsess over my genes, your Admin is conducting DNA tests on little kids because you ripped them from their mamas & you are too incompetent to reunite them in time to meet a court order. Maybe you should focus on fixing the lives you're destroying.
— Elizabeth Warren (@elizabethforma) July 5, 2018
at some point democrats will need to learn that no one is impressed by their ability to more efficiently design and execute republicans’ policy goals https://t.co/soALBQEtZW
— Jon Green (@_Jon_Green) July 7, 2018
Dickwad of the Week
- Jim Jordan and the Ohio State sexual abuse controversy, explained by Jen Kirby, Emily Stewart, and Tara Golshan (Vox)
Miami grandma targeted as U.S. takes aim at naturalized immigrants with prior offenses https://t.co/QyAK0k9EEs
— Daniel M. Kowalski (@dkbib) July 9, 2018