Devon and Varsha discuss Trump’s racism and why it doesn’t matter if there is actually a tape of him saying the n-word. They also discuss DACA, actual threats to national security and existential threats to the Republican party.
- White House drafts more clearance cancellations demanded by Trump by Karen DeYoung and Josh Dawsey (WaPo)
- 13 former U.S. spy chiefs accuse Trump of trying to stifle free speech and politicize intelligence by Eli Stokols (LA Times)
- John Brennan: President Trump’s Claims of No Collusion Are Hogwash by John O. Brennan (NYTimes)
- ‘I’m not going there’: As Trump hurls racial invective, most Republicans stay silent by Ashely Parker, Seung Min Kim, and Robert Costa (WaPo)
- The debate over Donald Trump’s alleged n-word tape, explained by P.R. Lockhart (Vox)
- Judge upholds ruling that DACA must be restored by Tal Kopan and Dan Berman (CNN)
- U.S. District Court in DC Rules Again That the Trump Administration’s Termination of DACA Is Unlawful — but Pauses Order until August 23 – National Immigration Law Center