Devon and Varsha discuss DeVos’ attempt to narrow the definition of sexual harassment on college campuses, ICE seizing passports of American citizens that just happen to be not white, and what the hell evangelicals are doing supporting a non-Christian like Trump (hint: it has to do with judicial nominations.)
Devon also sits down with Daniella Gibbs Léger, the senior vice president for Communications and Strategy at the Center for American Progress to discuss voter suppression, Republican’s obsession with the courts, QAnon, and fantasy football.
Please remember to subscribe to our new show! Hellbent Presents: Crush the Midterms. It premiers on Tuesday September 4, 2018!
- New U.S. Sexual Misconduct Rules Bolster Rights of Accused and Protect Colleges by Erica L. Green (NYTimes)
- U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question by Kevin Sieff (WaPo)
- If G.O.P. Loses Hold on Congress, Trump Warns, Democrats Will Enact Change ‘Quickly and Violently’ by Michael D. Shear (NYTimes)
- In closed-door meeting, Trump told Christian leaders he got rid of a law. He didn’t. by Aliza Nadi and Ken Dilanian (NBC News)
- Who is Andrew Gillum? Meet Florida’s history-making Democratic nominee for governor. by Ella Nilsen (Vox)
- Republican Ron DeSantis says electing black opponent Andrew Gillum would “monkey this up” by P.R. Lockhart (Vox)
- Follow Daniella Gibbs Léger
- Follow Center for American Progress
- Please continue donating to these 3 very important causes:
- RAICES Texas – they are providing legal services to immigrants
- LEAF Project – universal representation for unaccompanied children
- Unidos Por Puerto Rico