Listen on: iTunes | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud
Devon and Sarah discuss a whole bunch of bullshit about close Trump associates, how much smarter they are than our president, and elections that look good for Democrats. They award the Donald Trump Dishonor in Deep Shame to a particularly racist asshole.
- Sean Spicer admitted Trump lied about ‘phony’ job numbers and reporters laughed it off. Now people are furious by Eric W. Dolan
- Sean Spicer and Journalists Think Trump Lying About Employment Numbers is Funny — It’s Not Funny by Jon Levine
- Steady U.S. Job Growth Sets Stage for Fed to Raise Interest Rates by Patricia Cohen
- FACT CHECK: Do Tax Cuts Grow The Economy? by Danielle Kurtzleben
- Trump makes ninth golf course visit in seven weeks in office by Max Greenwood
- Trump’s Mar-a-Lago is heaven — for spies by Darren Samuelsohn
- Maddow: ‘It is Impossible’ That Mike Pence Didn’t Know About Michael Flynn’s Turkish Dealings by Justin Baragona
- Michael Flynn Was Paid to Represent Turkey’s Interests During Trump Campaign by Peter Baker and Matthew Rosenberg
- Top Democrat sent letter to Mike Pence in November warning of Michael Flynn’s Turkey lobbying by Natasha Bertrand
- Trump associate plays down Twitter contact with Guccifer 2.0 by Gloria Borger
- Attorney demands probe of claims Paul Manafort had people killed by Chris Sommerfeldt
- From Russia, With Love: Paul Manafort (Part 1 of the Russian Ties series) by Devon Handy
- Manafort faced blackmail attempt, hacks suggest by Kenneth P. Vogel, David Stern, and Josh Meyer
- During his political rise, Stephen K. Bannon was a man with no fixed address by Robert O’Harrow Jr. and Shawn Boburg
- The Man on the Front Lines of the Anti-Trump Resistance by Charles P. Pierce
- Focus States – Flippable.org
- Man In Suit Humping ‘Fearless Girl’ Statue Is Why We Need Feminism by Carla Herreria
- Steve King’s Improbable Ascendance by David A. Graham
Gratitude & Sanity Check Links
- Super excited 16-year-olds in California can now pre-register to vote online by Jorge Rivas
- With proposal to penalize men for masturbating, legislator aims to shake up health debate by Alex Samuels
- In Selma, Rep. Keith Ellison Sends a Powerful Message to Frustrated Leftists: “Buck Up” by Sarah Lerner
- Mayor Garcetti Signs Sweeping Executive Directive to Streamline Efforts to House Homeless Angelenos, Build Affordable Housing and Infrastructure, and Reform L.A.’s Planning Process
- Scumbag Paul Ryan by Holly Wood
@hellbentpod ❤️the awesome podcast…but you got the Boobies all wrong (birds not the pol boobies, u get those right!)
— Stephanie Keep (@keeps3) March 12, 2017
just FYI re World's Greatest Healthcare Plan, it's different from the actual GOP bill (AHCA) https://t.co/TwzU2GRs8t
— 越觅越开心 (@wonderchul) March 11, 2017
FFS we need to figure out what size comes after wad and coin a new term. This one, I fear, is not big enough to fit the anger
— Q (@scribblingseed) March 11, 2017
Binging on @hellbentpod for the first time and it's mind-boggling how many insane & terrible things have already happened since January.
— melissa (@fatgirlinohio) March 12, 2017
Thanks! And that's a big part of why we created Hellbent – not enough of a feminist lens in politics!
— Hellbent Podcast (@hellbentpod) March 12, 2017
— Rachel Whinnery (@Ray_Whin) March 13, 2017
It could be considered reckless abandonment – Elle Woods
— Michelle (@mlb091308) March 12, 2017
— Devon Handy (@DevonHandy) March 12, 2017
Happening now at unsecured Trump golf course, per pool report: POTUS having "'part of a cabinet mtg' to discuss the military & other things"
— Edward-Isaac Dovere (@IsaacDovere) March 11, 2017
This is a thread of Democrats running for U.S. Congress in Republican-held districts and how to donate.
Please add to it.
— Lily Herman (@lkherman) March 13, 2017
Chimamanda being asked about trans women is like Lena Dunham being asked about Black women. It doesn't work. We can speak for ourselves.
— Raquel Willis (@RaquelWillis_) March 11, 2017
Narrative which suggests that all trans women transition from male privilege erases a lot of experiences and isn't intersectional. Gender
— Laverne Cox (@Lavernecox) March 11, 2017
Dear Representative Steve King: These are my two babies. –Representative Ted Lieu pic.twitter.com/MHU21jJUrY
— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) March 12, 2017