Listen on: iTunes | Google Play | Spotify | Acast | Stitcher | Pocket Cast | Overcast | PodBean | Soundcloud | audioBoom
Devon and Sarah discuss big data’s role in the Russian interference in the 2016 election, and how that is possibly starting to connect back to the Trump campaign. They also talk about the cult of normalization and why Sean Spicer at the Emmys is more than just not funny – it’s dangerous. They also bestow the Dickwad of the Week to King Dickwad himself. It’s been that kind of week.
Please take a moment to take our survey.
Don’t forget! We have swag in our shop, and you can support us on Patreon. For $5/mo you get access to EXCLUSIVE updates, announcements, behind the scenes looks and special mini podcasts!
- Trump ethics watchdog moves to allow anonymous gifts to legal defense funds by Darren Samuelsohn (Politico)
- Trump Lawyers Clash Over How Much to Cooperate With Russia Inquiry by Peter Baker and Kenneth P. Vogel (NYTimes)
- Facebook Gave Special Counsel Robert Mueller More Details on Russian Ad Buys Than Congress by Deepa Seetharaman, Byron Tau, and Shane Harris (WSJ)
- Facebook handed Russia-linked ads over to Mueller under search warrant by Dylan Byers (CNN Money)
- Did Jared Kushner’s Data Operation Help Select Facebook Targets for the Russian? by Chris Smith (Vanity Fair Hive)
- Exclusive Interview: How Jared Kushner Won Trump The White House
by Steven Bertoni (Forbes)
- Did Trump’s Data Team Help Russians? Facebook Might Have the Answer by Issie Lapowsky (Wired)
- READ Full Text: Jared Kushner’s statement on Russia to congressional committees – CNN
- 4 meetings with Russians disclosed by Jared Kushner by Eric Tucker (AP via Chicago Tribune)
Gratitude Check Links
- California legislature passes bill requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns by Brandon Carter (The Hill)
- Hillary for America Design
- In message of defiance to Trump, lawmakers vote to make California a sanctuary state by Kristine Phillips (WaPo)
- Senate GOP tries one last time to repeal Obamacare by Burgess Everett and Josh Dawsey (Politico)
- POLITICO-Harvard poll: Obamacare repeal still tops GOP voters’ to-do lists by Dan Diamond (Politico)
- Coalition Letter of Opposition for ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017 (H.R. 620) – ACLU
You are definitely not a lone wolf, @SarahLerner. And great to hear you back on @hellbentpod!
— Shannon 🙅🏻♀️ (@TheStagmania) September 15, 2017
Please share widely:#OpenEnrollment for the ACA this year is November 1st – December 15th.
(Trump doesn't want you to know this.) pic.twitter.com/CpqYus8ijj
— Women's March (@womensmarch) September 17, 2017