Devon also sits down with Daniela Contreras, a DREAMer and spokeswoman for the Me Too and Time’s Up movements with the National Domestic Worker’s Alliance. They discuss fear, immgration status and sexual harrasment in domestic work spaces.
Follow the National Domestic Worker’s Alliance @domesticworkers
Learn more at domesticworkers.org
Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort
- Michael Cohen, Trump’s Ex-Lawyer, Investigated for Bank Fraud Over $20 Million by William K. Rashbaum, Ben Protess and Maggie Haberman (NYTimes)
- Michael Cohen Says He Arranged Payments to Women at Trump’s Direction by William K. Rashbaum, Maggie Haberman, Ben Protess and Jim Rutenberg (NYTimes)
- Michael Cohen’s attorney says he’s talking to lawyer who brought down Nixon by Daniel Lippman (Politico)
- Paul Manafort was found guilty on 8 counts by Andrew Prokop (Vox)
- Who’s been charged in Mueller-linked probes, and why by Julie Vitkovskaya, Samuel Granados, Kevin Uhrmacher and Aaron Williams (WaPo)
I feel very badly for Paul Manafort and his wonderful family. “Justice” took a 12 year old tax case, among other things, applied tremendous pressure on him and, unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to “break” – make up stories in order to get a “deal.” Such respect for a brave man!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 22, 2018
- Keith Ellison denies abuse allegations by Emily Stewart (Vox)
- The abuse allegations against Rep. Keith Ellison, explained by Ella Nilsen (Vox)
- Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser by Kim Severson (NYTimes)
- The Asia Argento accusation proves #MeToo’s point by Molly Roberts (WaPo)
I got to know Asia Argento ten months ago. Our commonality is the shared pain of being assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. My heart is broken. I will continue my work on behalf of victims everywhere.
— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) August 20, 2018
- The far-right is already gloating over the tragic death of Mollie Tibbetts by Luke Barnes (ThinkProgress)
- Mollie Tibbetts’s tragic death shouldn’t confuse the truth about immigrant crime by German Lopez (Vox)
- Mollie Tibbetts’s family doesn’t want her death politicized. Trump is doing it anyway. by Dara Lind (Vox)
Mollie Tibbetts was murdered b/c she told a man to leave her alone while she was jogging. Her murderer happens to be undocumented. This isn’t about border security. This is about toxic masculinity. Mollie Tibbetts lost her life b/c a man couldn’t take her saying no. Full stop.
— Symone D. Sanders (@SymoneDSanders) August 22, 2018
this is fucking disgusting. But it's not surprising at all that the cynical grifters in the White House would leverage the sacrality of white womanhood — the linchpin of American racist fear for generations — to gin up fear and violence; it's what they do https://t.co/m7sgxJNRUt
— Talia Lavin (@chick_in_kiev) August 22, 2018
Hellion of the Week: Beto O’Rourke
- Please continue donating to these 3 very important causes:
- RAICES Texas – they are providing legal services to immigrants
- LEAF Project – universal representation for unaccompanied children
- Unidos Por Puerto Rico